The MDI & Ellsworth Housing Authority is looking for full and part-time employees to join its team. The Authority offers a generous Benefits Package for full time employees, and a great work environment. Part time employees receive pro-rated benefits as well! Equal Opportunity Employer.
|• Paid time off||• New Year’s Day|
|• Health insurance||• Martin Luther King Day|
|• Dental insurance||• Presidents’ Day|
|• Vision insurance||• Patriots’ Day|
|• Life insurance||• Memorial Day|
|• 401(k)||• Juneteenth|
|• 401(k) matching||• 4th of July|
|• Flexible spending account||• Labor Day|
|• Health savings account||• Veterans’ Day|
|• Employee assistance program||• Thanksgiving and the day after|
|• Paid lunch-hour||• Christmas|
The Mission of the MDI and Ellsworth Housing Authorities is to provide decent, safe and sanitary housing for low income citizens for the greater Mount Desert Island and Ellsworth areas. Come be part of doing good work in your community!
EMDIHA employment application
Please direct questions and completed applications to Andrea Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mount Desert Island and Ellsworth Housing Authorities (MDI & E HA), with an office in Bar Harbor, Maine, seeks a dynamic director who will have responsibility for all the daily operations of public housing for five Maine communities. The MDI & E HA consists of five Public Housing Authorities that are not under a HUD Consortium Agreement (thirty-five Commissioners), 279 Public Housing units, 382 Housing Choice Vouchers, 59 managed units, and tenant services and Meals on Wheels programs. It’s service area covers 1,800 square miles.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in both oral and written communication, staff management, and have considerable knowledge of HUD programs, including but not limited to, the Public Housing and Housing Choice Voucher Programs. The candidate should also possess skill and experience in facilities building maintenance. The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree in business or related areas, or a minimum of four years’ experience in Public Housing, and a Public Housing Manager’s Certificate.
This is s full time, salaried, position in pleasant surroundings, with benefits, and a salary commensurate with experience. The position works out of the main office in Bar Harbor, Maine. Work area includes four towns on Mount Desert Island (Bar Harbor, Southwest Harbor, Mount Desert, and Tremont) and the city of Ellsworth.
Applicants should send a Cover Letter indicating how they meet the qualifications and experience, along with a Resume and salary requirements via email to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
View full job description
The MDI & Ellsworth Housing Authorities is looking for a Property Maintenance Person to join its Maintenance Team, full or part time. Property Maintenance Personnel maintain several properties on Mount Desert Island, and Ellsworth. Full time employees receive a stipend to be on an on-call schedule, on a rotating basis. Work items include routine maintenance as well as emergency repairs. Job duties include a wide variety of repairs including electrical, plumbing, painting, snow removal, grounds work and general property maintenance. Clean driving record a must. Will pay more for the right candidate who holds a trade license.
• Repair / replace plumbing fixtures
• Minor electrical repairs
• Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
• Install appliances and equipment
• Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
• Snow removal plowing and hand shoveling
• Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
• Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. heating systems)
• Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire extinguishers)
• Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
• Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
• Basic carpentry and painting skills
• Ability to handle snow removal (i.e. operate plow and shovel)
• Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
• Experience using hand and electrical tools
• Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Physical stamina and dexterity
• High school diploma or equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
View full job description